Gov. Hickenlooper and Commissioner Brown will help in leading a Forum that this year is titled “Label It: Agriculture,” and will focus on the powerful history of collaboration and cooperation that has made agriculture in Colorado the state’s second-largest driver of our economy.
In addition to Gov. Hickenlooper and Commissioner Brown, other presenters and panelists will include:
* Krysta Harden, former U.S. deputy secretary of agriculture and current vice president of public policy and chief sustainability officer for DuPont
* Dr. Gregory Graff, ag-economics professor at Colorado State University
* Norm Dalsted, professor and extension farm/ranch management economist at Colorado State University
* Tom Lipetzky, director of marketing programs and strategic initiatives at the Colorado Department of Agriculture
* Tom Kourlis, Colorado rancher
* Stephanie Regagnon, CEO of FieldWatch Inc.
* Dawn Thilmany McFadden, professor and agribusiness extension specialist at Colorado State University
* Virginia Till, recycling specialist and regional lead for EPA Region 8’s Sustainable Food Management
* along with many others
The 2017 Governor’s Forum on Colorado Agriculture will challenge and equip attendees to seek out novel alliances and ideas to benefit their own operations, the industry statewide, and beyond.
Along with addresses from state officials and keynote presentations, the day will also include breakout sessions covering a recent Colorado Department of Agriculture consumer surveys, pollinator health, conservation, National Western Stock Show developments, cooperatives, comparisons between global food production and local food, food safety, food labeling, food waste, and succession planning.
Look for future announcements as more details regarding the Forum agenda are finalized.
To learn more and get registered, go to www.governorsagforum.com.
For those who need accommodations, information for booking rooms at the Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel (3801 Quebec St.) can also be made at the Governor’s Forum website.